Monday, January 5, 2015

A Desired Adventure





The United States is so diverse, and we only have so much free time to explore, but if I were planning my next vacation, I would like to visit Yosemite National Park in the Sierra Nevada mountain range of California.  This would be so much more of an adventure than a relaxing vacation, but that is what makes it desirable.  I am most inspired to visit Yosemite after seeing a photo exhibit a few years ago of one of America's greatest photographers, Ansel Adams.  You know his work.  He shot black and white photographs of many scenic landscapes in the western United States during the early 1900's.  If you click on the link below, you will read that Ansel Adams, a troubled student and sickly young teen, was inspired to become a landscape photographer after reading about Yosemite National Park.  According to Ansel Adams' experts: " When photographer Ansel Adams looked through his camera lens, he saw more than Yosemite’s rocks, trees, and rivers. He saw art. Hues of wildness surfaced in this great American photographer’s stunning black-and-white prints. And for most of his life, Yosemite National Park was Adams’ chief source of inspiration."  
http://www.nps.gov/yose/historyculture/ansel-adams.htm.


Now, what would I like to do in Yosemite National Park, how would I get there, what would I need for my trip?  





No comments:

Post a Comment